Scott Porter: What do you feel are your biggest strengths?
• Being coachable
• Being able to move fast for my size
• My strength to move other players
• Being able to read a play and getting to the player with the ball
Scott Porter: What are your goals for the NFL?
• To make the team roster
• To work-out hard everyday
• To be a starter
• To learn the playbook
• To watch films to better myself
• To help my team win games
Scott Porter: What NFL player reminds you of yourself and why?
Terrell McClain: Warren Sapp, defensive player, reminds me of myself. He played hard every game and had fun. He had good sportsmanship and a love for the game.
Scott Porter: What do you feel are your biggest football accomplishments?
• Winning 3 out of 4 bowl games
• Our team being ranked #2 in the BCS my sophomore year
• Winning against Florida State and Miami University
• Selected First Team All Big East 2010
• Selected to play in Shriner’s East West game
• Selected to play in Texas vs. The Nation (respectfully declined)
• Being able to sack the QB’s on big teams as Florida State, Miami, Auburn, Kansas University, University of Florida
Scott Porter: What kind of a person is an NFL team getting in you?
• Hard worker
• Honest and trustworthy
• Likeable and fun to be around
• Good on and off the field
• Good motor
Scott Porter: Who has been your biggest influence?
• The Lord and my parents on and off the field
• Mike Bennett, my high school head football coach
• Bob Schneider, my high school defense coach
• Kevin Patrick, my college defense coach
Scott Porter: What will you miss most about college football?
• My teammates
• Going to class
• The campus life
Scott Porter: What do you feel will be the toughest transition from the college level to the pro level?
• Learning new schemes/plays
• Being challenged from playing a 4-3 to a 3-4
• Practice at the pro level
• Getting to know my new teammates
• Depending on where I play, possibly the weather conditions
Scott Porter: What will you be doing from now until the draft to prepare yourself for your shot at the NFL?
• Practicing and playing in the Shrine’s East West game on January 22, 2011
• Working out and training at Athletic Compound daily to help me prepare for the NFL Combine and Pro Day
• Eating healthy
• Staying focus on the big picture
• Working out and running with my team while they are getting ready for spring training
Scott Porter: What are your hobbies off the field?
• Driving nice cars